weird documentation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: weird documentation
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:33:00 +0900

GNU Emacs 23.0.91.7 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.7) of
2009-03-03 on dhlpc061

If I do C-h v x-select-enable-clipboard RET, it says that variable comes
from the file .../x-win.el; and if look at the definition (following the
hyperlink in *Help*), indeed I see:

   (defcustom x-select-enable-clipboard nil
     "Non-nil means cutting and pasting uses the clipboard.
   This is in addition to, but in preference to, the primary selection."

Ok, great -- however the docstring given in *Help*, is _different_!  It says:

   x-select-enable-clipboard is a variable defined in `x-win.el'.
   Its value is t

   Documentation:
   Non-nil means cutting and pasting uses the clipboard.
   This is the default on this system, since MS-Windows does not
   support other types of selections.

That seems to be the docstring meant for MS windows, ... dunno how that
got in there...

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.