Re: Add "lisp/term/screen-256color.el" for GNU Screen's 256 color mode?

From: presto08
Subject: Re: Add "lisp/term/screen-256color.el" for GNU Screen's 256 color mode?
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 21:38:29 +0200

Stefan Monnier kirjoitti 20.2.2009 kello 23.09:

=> So if that terminal-init-screen is used, calling it that and putting it
in term/screen.el is for the best as far as I can see.

Why don't you try it,

Seems like this thread did not reach any conclusion. However, at least two people reported the suggestion working, and no open issues/ objections, as far as I can tell. Who should be approached about adding the suggested file to the Emacs CVS repository?

File "term/screen.el":

(load "term/xterm")

(defun terminal-init-screen ()
   "Terminal initialization function for screen."
   ;; Use the xterm color initialization code.
   (xterm-register-default-colors)
   (tty-set-up-initial-frame-faces))