Re: app termination / ns resources

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: app termination / ns resources
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:39:25 -0400

On Mar 13, 2009, at 12:55 AM, Adrian Robert wrote:

But anway it doesn't matter since it will be removed, I was only mentioning it to point out a possible hazard (which turns out not to be a hazard) about transitioning to .emacs.

Done.

I also routed the Prefs panel menu item in the applications menu to a Lisp-level event, which is bound to customize.

NS preferences loading and saving is (mostly) removed. I left GSFontAntiAlias, because it seems to be a standard under GnuStep, and AppleAntiAliasingThreshold for the same reasons on OS X. Perhaps we should have #ifdefs there.

ns-expand-space is gone which is a loss; to counteract that, spacing is roughly as it was in the Carbon port (-0.5). It can be expanded via the existing `line-spacing' frame parameter (which works fine for me apart from the cursor height).

I hope I didn't miss anything; please get in touch if I did.