Re: normalize.el

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: normalize.el
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:10:50 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> The attached is an Unicode normalization tool contributed by
> Kawabata-san.  It performs all the Unicode normalization
> NFC/NFD/NFKD/NFKC, and provides a coding system utf-8-hfs
> that is suitable to be used for Mac OS 8.1's file names.
>

> ;;; normalize.el --- Unicode normalization NFC/NFD/NFKD/NFKC

Handa-san,

I have no opinion on the functionality of this package - or
whether it should go in now or later - but I think the name
of the package is way too generic - "normalize" reallly says
nothing at all - and can mean 1000 things to different people
and in different contexts.

So maybe something like

utf-8-hfs.el
hfs-normalize.el
utf-normalize.el

or whatever...

(and change the normalize- prefix accordingly)