Re: 23.0.92 fails to build on Vista using gcc

From: John covici
Subject: Re: 23.0.92 fails to build on Vista using gcc
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:05:28 -0400

OK, by making sure cmd.exe was first in the path and renaming sh.exe
temporarily, it dod work -- however I wonder, if sh.exe does not work,
why does the makefile try to use it?  I would have thought sh.exe
would have been better.

thanks for the hint.

on Wednesday 04/08/2009 Eli Zaretskii(address@hidden) wrote
 > > Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:18:50 -0400
 > > From: John covici <address@hidden>
 > > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
 > >
 > > Native windows build and Gcc 3.4.5 Mingw Vista Sepcial R3.
 >
 > Is this the first time you build a pretest on Vista?
 >
 > Also, can you remove sh.exe from your Path, then re-configure and try
 > re-building with cmd.exe as the shell?  I suspect that "Invalid
 > argument" may have nothing to do with Emacs.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         address@hidden