Re: Display problem in describe-char

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Display problem in describe-char
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:12:02 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

> > I've just installed fixes to suppress composing that
> > diaeresis with the previous quote character.

> Thanks.

> So the problem was in unidata-gen.el, the one elisp source file that
> isn't included in the tarball? No wonder I didn't find the place ...

The char-tables defined in lisp/international/uni-*.el
contain byte-compiled functions that are defined in
unidata-gen.el.  As most parts of unidata-gen.el are not
necessary for running Emacs, it is put in admin/unidata
directory, and the functions in the char-tables are
byte-compiled so that they run without unidata-gen.el.

It may be better to move some parts of unidata-gen.el to
lisp/international/*.el and to autoload them.  But,
currently I don't have a time to work on it.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden