Re: Spammers are now closing bugs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Spammers are now closing bugs
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:14:51 +0900

Glenn Morris writes:

 > In other words, I think the current setup is:
 >
 > ham+spam            ham+spam            ham
 > ------->  emacsbugs -------> moderators ---> bug-gnu-emacs
 >

 > I'm suggesting moving the moderation step:
 >
 > ham+spam            ham
 > -------> moderators ---> emacsbugs ---> bug-gnu-emacs

That is not possible.  AIUI, bug-gnu-emacs is an open-post list.
Thus, this *would* double the burden, since the moderators would be
asked to moderate both lists.  (At least for Alan it would double,
since for him the cost is almost entirely in opening the moderation
page, and he'd have to do it once for each list.)

I don't see any way around this, because b-g-e needs to be open-post,
while I believe the BTS wants to see the bug posts before b-g-e does,
so that the b-g-e archives will have appropriate bug IDs.

The best I can think of is for Don to install Mailman, and have an
a router in his MTA that sends the bug posts to a single Mailman list,
where the moderation (and optionally other spamtrapping and content
filtering) is done.  This list would have one subscriber: Don's
debbugs for Emacs installation.  It would not accept nor deliver mail
off his site.