Re: eterm-color not in ncurses/terminfo (and name clash with eterm.org)

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: eterm-color not in ncurses/terminfo (and name clash with eterm.org)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 23:43:42 +0200

> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
>> When term.el starts, it sets up both TERMCAP and TERMINFO, so
>> applications should work just fine without any support in the standard
>> terminfo distribution.

> Hmm. I don't see any mention of TERMINFO in term.el except for the
> code that actually sets it ... it should be documented.

> Regardless: How does that work over SSH? (I do wish they had thought
> this sort of thing out better when they designed terminfo in the first
> place, but I think it's a bit late for that now...)

That's the point, with the TERMCAP and TERMINFO variables it works
fine most of the time, but there are some situations where it doesn't.
Having it in the general terminfo files would help in such cases.

But please disregard my original message; looks like eterm-color has
made it into ncurses meanwhile:
<ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.7/ncurses-5.7-20081129.patch>

However, if I compare etc/e/eterm-color.ti with the entry now in
terminfo.src, then the latter has the following additional entries:

        msgr,
        blink=\E[5m,
        sgr=\E[0%?%p1%p3%|%t;7%;%?%p2%t;4%;%?%p4%t;5%;%?%p6%t;1%;%?%p7%t;8%;m,
        u6=\E[%i%d;%dR,
        u7=\E[6n,

Are these correct, or should they (or some of them) be removed from
the entry in ncurses/terminfo?

Ulrich