Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: garyo
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 04:29:02 -0700 (PDT)

Teemu Likonen-2 wrote:

> Hmm, does somebody really expect keyboard macros to work reliably over
> years? (Even if they may have worked in some cases.) Well, I have used
> Emacs less than year but I see macros more like temporary helpers.

Well, I've been using Emacs since 1983 (about 25 years now), and C-n has
never changed in all that time, and my ancient keyboard macros I've
accumulated over the years still work :-).

Another weirdness when this is turned on is what happens when you do C-u 25
C-n (go down 25 lines).  This goes down a variable number of (real) lines
now, depending on your emacs's screen width!  A little odd, no?  Maybe it's
not, and I'm just old and stuck in my ways.