RE: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 18:59:01 -0700

> >> I see no new points on either side of the debate.
> >
> > What's new is that you have changed the *default value*.
>
> This was done in July 2008

So what? We're talking about what is new for Emacs 23. Every change since Emacs
22 is new, regardless of how long ago it was first implemented. In this case,
Emacs 23 has changed the default behavior from what it has always been.

And this feature, and even this option, have been modified throughout the
development period. The last change to this option was made just 4 weeks ago.

Please don't try to paint this as some long-standing tradition or inscription in
marble that it is too late to change. Emacs 23 has not even been released yet.
Many of us have still not had the chance to exercise much of it.