Re: command-line option for virgin session?

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: command-line option for virgin session?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:43:43 -0700 (PDT)

> (I'm a bit surprised that -Q doesn't include --no-desktop, unless it's
> because the Desktop is not restored anyway with -Q. But if that's the case,
> then the doc should say that -Q includes --no-desktop, just as it says that
> it includes --no-site-file.)

What's going to load desktop.el (and thus .emacs.desktop) if your init
file doesn't get to?

Of course, one can say that -Q still includes the -effect- of --no-desktop
from the user's point of view.  But it suppresses so much else (like the
automatic features of every other optional package, whether distributed
with Emacs or no, and every optional feature of every auto/preloaded
package) that I'm not sure of the utility of mentioning it all.

Davis

shipping.