Re: What is the proper way to set the default font these days?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What is the proper way to set the default font these days?
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:00:11 +0900

Deniz Dogan <address@hidden> writes:
> In earlier versions of Emacs 23, I managed to solve the problem by
> setting the font in .Xdefaults, but now not even that works.  I am not
> sure which revision this was "broken" in and to be honest, I just want
> to know how I can work around it.

One thing which annoys me is that Emacs seems to ignore .Xdefaults if
there's anything in the server's xrdb database -- and recent versions of
gnome, put crap in the xrdb database without being asked to.

So to properly start emacs, I first need to do "xrdb -remove" in a
shell.

-miles

--
Acquaintance, n. A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not
well enough to lend to.