Re: emacs in "screen".

From: A. Soare
Subject: Re: emacs in "screen".
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:45:01 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks for your answer.
I am sorry for my late answer.

> Did you try make-frame-on-display?  Did it work?  Do you want emacs to
> automatically try making a frame on a display if the display dies?

make-frame-on-display is exactly what I want. When I start emacs from ttyx,
then make-frame-on-display opens a frame in X, and when that frame closes, the
tty session survive and one can run again make-frame-on-display.

Thank you.

Best regards,

> FWIW, I start emacs --daemon with daemontools when I log in, and then
> get my X frame via "emacsclient -c".  Even after restarting X, I can
> still get my same session back. The key is to either start emacs with
> "emacs --daemon", or to start a "-nw" session in your screen session.
> Then do a M-x server-start and connect to that emacs with emacsclient.
> Also, you don't really need screen for this.  You can start an "emacs
> --daemon" and then connect to that emacs session from the console with
> "emacsclient -t".  emacs can do its own session management now, which
> will even save you in the rare event that screen crashes.

Découvrez Cocoon et Catpower dans notre sélection musicale folk sur Voila