Re: make the button face inherit from link

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: make the button face inherit from link
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:28:15 +0200

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Dan Nicolaescu<address@hidden> wrote:
> Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>  > >   > ** Add "link" button class
>  > >   >    Add a standard button-class named "link", and make all other
> link-like
>  > >   >    button classes inherit from it.  Set the default face of the
> "link" button
>  > >   >    class to the standard "link" face.
>  > >
>  > > Even better, but it's hard to be sure what the exact meaning is...
>  > > What is a button-class?
>  > > What are all the link-like button classes?
>  >
>  > This is explained in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/56168/focus=56240
>
> Unfortunately that doesn't make it any more clear to me.
> So I'll just give up on this one, hopefully someone else will figure it
> out and DTRT.

Miles wrote "Probably the _majority_ of buttons used in the Emacs distrution act
basically like links". I agree to that.

However Miles made a suggestion to create a standard button-class
named link. I don't agree to that, or I at least doubt it is the best
solution. It seems less work to me to take care of the deviations when
the buttons should not look like links.

Also, please do not forget the widgets that acts like links. These
should IMO also use the standard "link" face.