Re: show merge info for git vc-log

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: show merge info for git vc-log
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 07:01:35 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   >
>   > > Dmitry Dzhus <address@hidden> writes:
>   > >
>   > >   > Mercurial can do the same with graphlog extension enabled (it's
> included
>   > >   > in Mercurial distribution now) if we add `-G` flag in
>   > >   > `vc-hg-log-switches`.
>   > >
>   > > Is there a way to force that flag to work?
>   > >
>   > > $ hg log -G
>   > > hg log: option -G not recognized
>   > > hg log [OPTION]... [FILE]
>   >
>   > Add this to your .hgrc
>
> That's not good.  To enable this by default, we need to be able to force
> this flag to work from the command line.

That will work on the command line only if you activate the extension in
your .hgrc.
What is the problem? you try to enable a log with the graph, if it not
available, you fallback to a normal log. Or with a variable, something
like `vc-hg-use-graphlog'.
What do you want to do exactly, add support for that in vc?

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France