Re: line-move-visual

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:08:08 +0100

Right.  I know about "New Options"  It's Good, and to my mind
basically answers the OP's concern.  But I wanted to shift the
discussion slightly from just the 'new options' to 'significant
options (new or not) for which different usage scenarios might dictate
different defaults.'  Of course ANY of the user configurable variables
might count *to someone* as belonging to that category.  But it seems
that there are things that come up on this list that are genuinely
(and earnestly) disputed, since multiple defaults make sense, each for
a different (broad) portion of the Emacs community.  These should be
easier to find than they are.  This then would make the agonizing
issue of what the proper default should be a little less agonizing.

Scot