Re: Sending attachments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:29:45 -0400

     > In theory, that kind of recommendation might be useful.
     > But in practice, since the readers decide heuristically

    True, but shouldn't we focus on users of smarter readers, and on our
    own use cases?

The readers that decide heuristically are the smarter readers, at
least in my opinion.  I would not want to use one that always obeys
the specified disposition.

    That may be true in many users' practice.  However, I find myself
    offering a recommendation about 10-20% of the time, because I disagree
    with the default.

I am not opposed to having a more complex interface like the current one
of mml-attach-file.  I just want a simpler one to be the usual one.
Using C-u to make it ask the other questions seems fine.