Re: Patch: Blunderbuss ".dir-locals.el" raises everything in its path!!

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Patch: Blunderbuss ".dir-locals.el" raises everything in its path!!
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:55:43 +0200

Alan Mackenzie skrev:
Hi, Jan, Jason, Stefan!

Here's a preliminary patch which I think fixes the code, though I've only
tested it briefly.  It seems to work for the case you (Jan) were hit by.

Now, any CC Mode style set by `c-file-style' will leave unchanged those
style variables (e.g. `c-cleanup-list') which have already been given
real values.

I expect and intend that if the `c-file-style' mechanism is used twice,
the second one (in the file's Local Variable section) will prevail over
the first one (in some .dir-locals.el), whilst respecting the non-default
value of `c-cleanup-list'.

Jan, please try it out!

It works if I set c-cleanup-list with customize, but not if it is set in the c-common-mode-hook (using add-to-list).

        Jan D.