Re: message-mode is now default?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: message-mode is now default?
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 04:59:40 -0400

   > Things that have now become broken because of this unannounced
   > change,

   Actually, it was announced, tho maybe indirectly.

As Miles noted, it was a single note in some message deeply burried in
a thread.  This is hardly a announcment for a change that affects all
users, and breaks so many things.

   Please use M-x report-emacs-bug.

My mail-mode setup was broken due to this change, and I could not use
report-emacs-bug so I sent it here by jumping around hoops.

   > This is a huge change,

   No, it's definitely not.

You might not feel that it does this, since you do not use mail-mode.
But for people who do use mail-mode, it breaks their whole mail setup.
A setup that has in many cases worked for over 10 years without
change.