Re: How to link carbon framework to NS port?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: How to link carbon framework to NS port?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:35:59 +0100

On Jul 22, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Vebjorn Ljosa wrote:

I am working on a fullscreen patch for the NS port.  I would like to
use the SetSystemUIMode API to auto-hide the menu bar when in
"fullboth" mode.  That API, however, is part of the Carbon framework.
Two questions:

1. Will using the SetSystemUIMode work on GNUstep?

2. How do I modify the autoconf setup so that "-framework Carbon" is
passed to gcc when linking the NS port?

I have a partial implementation of fullscreen mode (without direct use of SetSystemUIMode) using the standard Cocoa (and perhaps NS) APIs within NSView.

It works, but after switching back there are problems (redisplay issues mainly) with the scroll bars.

It's in the Aquamacs master branch.

If you get it to work better (even with Carbon if need be) then that'd be great.