Problem with window-size-fixed

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Problem with window-size-fixed
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:24:26 +0200

Dear EMACS experts,
A problem concerning window-size-fixed was reported on newsgroupfr.comp.applications.emacs
To see the problem put the following code into a file
test.el and launch emacs with: emacs -q -l test.el

(setq inhibit-startup-message t)
(switch-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "buffer1"))
(select-window (next-window))
(switch-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "buffer2"))
(select-window (next-window))
(switch-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "buffer3"))
(select-window (next-window))
(switch-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "buffer4"))
(select-window (previous-window))
(enlarge-window (- 5 (window-height)))
(setq window-size-fixed t)

I have tested this with the very latest CVS version GNU Emacs (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2009-07-25  (sorry again for the disturbance and thanks to Eli for help)
and the same problem happens.
So what happens is that I correctly get the following window partitionning:
Buffer 1 | Buffer 2
  Buffer 3
  Buffer 4

with buf 1 and 2 of 7 rows, buf 3 of 4 rows, and buf 4 taking the remainder (that is 38
rows for me).
The issue is that buffer 3 is supposed to be fixed-size. This is true if you use `C-u N C-x ^' for re-dimensionning, but it is not true if you try to do it by mouse, in that case buffer 4 is fixed-size instead.

Best regards,

Discutez sur Messenger où que vous soyez ! Mettez Messenger sur votre mobile !