Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:22:24 -0400

    Richard, is it OK with you to keep the following features only for a
    proprietary platform (Cocoa) in the Emacs 23.1 release?

    >   1. Code for stippling.  This is wrongly implemented as tiling, which
    >      has been controversial whether or not to be included in the other
    >      platforms, IIUC.

An incorrect implementation of stippling is somewhat of a bug,
but it might be better than no implementation of stippling.
Anyway, I don't see a reason to object that this is only on MacOS.

    >   2. Code for interpreting incompatible color formats: RGBrrggbb,
    >      ARGBaarrggbb, HSVhhssvv, AHSVaahhssvv, and CMYKccmmyykk.  Besides
    >      the format itself, support for the alpha-component in color is
    >      not found in the other platforms but not inherently NS-specific.

These are minor things, nothing to object to.

    >   3. Lisp primitive ns-set-alpha (nsfns.m), which sets the alpha
    >      component of the given color to the specified value.  As in the
    >      argument for the alpha-component above, this is not inherently
    >      NS-specific.

    >   4. Lisp function ns-set-background-alpha (ns-win.el), which sets
    >      alpha-component of frame background color.  It is different from
    >      the frame parameter `alpha' as Adrian explained.  Again, this is
    >      not inherently NS-specific.

These too are rather minor, nothing to object to.