Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:58:56 +0200

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM, martin rudalics<address@hidden> wrote:
>> What do you mean? Is not the code in winsav.el non-procedural enough?
>
> IIRC you're using `split-window' recursively to restore configurations.

I see. Yes, it would be nice to avoid that. But is that really that
difficult? I mean you calculate the sizes of all direct children and
then you create them. What is the problem with that? (Sorry, I just
don't understand.)

In winsav.el the problem is that you can't be sure what size the
windows get so you have to iterate and do some strange things to get
back the original (relative) sizes). But is not that more easy to do
if you can create the sizes and adjust them before creating the child
windows?