Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:12:54 -0400

> What is Applescript?  What does it do?  Can you show me an example
> of what people do with it?  How does it relate to Emacs?  Does it mean
> people can extend Emacs with Applescript programs?  Or can they
> only run Emacs from it, like from a shell script?

Also, AFAIK, Applescript support was already present in Emacs-22.
And it can be seen as "the D-Bus feature for Mac OS X", although we
haven't tried to provide an API that unifies them.

We may want to phase it out at some point (e.g. mark it obsolete if the
Services thingy can provide replacement functionality), but I don't
think we should eliminate it at this point.

        Stefan