Re: Learning emacs sources

From: Sundar Vasan
Subject: Re: Learning emacs sources
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:23:34 -0700

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Lennart
Borgman<address@hidden> wrote:
> Do you know about the bug database:
>
>    http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/
>
> Even if you can't solve the bugs right now, looking at them and trying
> to understand might perhaps be something that fits your mind.

I knew about it but hadn't looked through it in detail. I took another
look and saw a bug (3849) for eshell (lack of) documentation.  That
would work. I saw a couple more that looked interesting. Thanks!

> Another thing to look at (that is quite a bit complicated though) is
> CEDET that is on its way into Emacs. There are plenty of things to do.

Ok, that sounds interesting. I tried ECB + CEDET about a year ago and
found it very hard to use at that point. Felt like I had to really
understand them to be able to use them instead of just being able to
use them. I was also just then starting to try out Emacs so that
probably made it worse. I haven't tried it recently though I read that
a new version of both were released.