Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 00:40:49 +0200

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Chong Yidong<address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Chong, I see that you have already installed the new colors. Could we
>> please try to find something better? I am not sure they look very good
>> (in my opinion they really don't).
>
> Suggestions welcome.  I'm afraid I don't have the time to tinker around
> finding an optimal color scheme---I just wanted to fix the legibility
> problem.  If you can come up with something better, let us know.

I did put some code together with suggestions on EmacsWiki. I am
trying to understand how to find some better choices based on color
theory, but I don't know much about it so I am trying to find someone
who knows. I got an answer from one of the GIMP developers which I am
looking into. I will come back with more information when I have had
time to understand it a bit better.

In the mean time anyone can add suggestions on that page on EmacsWiki.
The code will display those suggestions within Emacs so you can see
how it looks. It also display luminance color contrast (suggested by
WCAG).