Re: Updating org-mode in Emacs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: Updating org-mode in Emacs
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 13:39:08 +0200

On Aug 7, 2009, at 9:02 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:

Carsten Dominik wrote:

So:  I want to install a massive update to Org-mode, in a few days.

Once again, this has clobbered existing changes made to Org in the
Emacs CVS. For example, my changes to org-rmail. This seems to happen
every time Org gets updated.

I do try *very* hard to find all changes that are made in Emacs
and to integrate them into my code base.  Obviously I am failing
to do this right.  Maybe I should stop updating the package in Emacs.

- Carsten

I don't have the heart to investigate further exactly what may have
been lost in other files, since the changes appear as a single, 40000
line diff, with a single commmon, massive CVS commit log that just
duplicates the ChangeLog. I'm aware that this is the commit style
recommended by some people, but I find it unreadable with CVS.

Also, Daniel M German (listed as an org-protocol author) does not seem
to have a copyright assignment in copyright.list (although I am not
sure if that file is always definitive these days).