dynamic loading of the imagemagic library?

From: joakim
Subject: dynamic loading of the imagemagic library?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:13:20 +0200

Currently the imagemagick patch uses ordinary linking to the run-time
library file. Looking at image.c, w32 seems to check in runtime if other
image libraries are present, this is not done for gnu/linux AFAICS.

Is it ok to use dlopen and dlsym for imagemagick loading on
gnu/linux platforms? I presume yes, but since I only dimly understand
why dynamic use of external libraries is problematic, I ask.

--
Joakim Verona