Re: Patch to change just-one-space

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Patch to change just-one-space
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:14:23 +0900

Deniz Dogan <address@hidden> writes:
> I have long wanted to change the behavior of just-one-space to not
> only delete spaces and tab characters, but newline characters as well.
>
> I don't think that this is such a controversial modification

It dramatically changes the behavior of the command.

In particular, just-one-space is currently a convenient way to shrink
whitespace at the end of a line.

There are no-doubt situations where such behavior would be desirable
(e.g., typing in a filled paragraph) -- but it certainly not in all
situations.  E.g, I often use just-one-space in source code...

-Miles

--
Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature
of the Unknowable.