Re: buildobj.lst and Windows builds - a tiny bit of help needed?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: buildobj.lst and Windows builds - a tiny bit of help needed?
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:42:43 +0800

Ken Raeburn wrote:

echo $(ARGQUOTE)#define BUILDOBJ $(DQUOTE)\$(ARGQUOTE) > $(SRC)/buildobj.h
    echo $(OBJ0)     $(ARGQUOTE)\$(ARGQUOTE) >> $(SRC)/buildobj.h

Yes, that looks about right.

Is one backslash what I need here, if I want to get one written to the file at the end of the line? Or does some backslash quote processing happen, and I need two?

If you don't need to double the backslashes in the main Makefile.in, then I don't think it will be necessary here. If you do need to double them in Makefile.in, then it is probably dependent on the shell in use, and we'll have to add some more definitions to correctly cope with the differences.