Re: Not loading the Registry settings

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Not loading the Registry settings
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:22:21 +0200

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 14:28, David De La Harpe Golden
<address@hidden> wrote:

> If you mean X resource database settings, I suspect they are always used
> unless you go all the way and -nw

Hmm. The trouble is, I want something to override all Registry
settings, precisely when I'm in window mode. So I can test some bug,
for example, without my Emacs.Background, Emacs.Foreground and
Emacs.Geometry settings getting in the way.

> looking at w32_make_rdb(), --xrm may work on w32 to override
> registry settings? (untested).

That works, but it is awfully ugly if you have many Registry settings.
I'd like a simple way to just say "no Registry settings AT ALL". I can
workaround now by running Emacs with a script doing

  emacs -Q -xrm Emacs.Geometry: -xrm Emacs.Foreground: -xrm Emacs.Background:

but it is a PITA.

    Juanma