Re: indirect threading for bytecode interpreter

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: indirect threading for bytecode interpreter
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:21:08 -0400

> This patch implements indirect threading for the Emacs bytecode
> interpreter.  It uses a GNU C extension, and falls back to the current
> switch-based code if Emacs is compiled with some other compiler.

Looks good, thank you.  I'd prefer a rewrite of bytecode.c using vmgen,
since it should make the code (c)leaner (and eliminate the risk of
inconsistency between different parts of the code, like your sanity
checks implement).  But it's a good change.

I'd rather wait a little bit before installing it, tho:
there's a chance we may be able to switch to Bzr fairly soon, in which
case I think I'll prefer to install it in the Emacs-24 branch.

        Stefan