Re: Bazaar

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Bazaar
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:09:17 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Regarding the address@hidden messages, I'm writing a script to do
> that "outside of savannah".

Thank you for pushing the switchover along, Stefan.  (Sorry I dropped
away; just got sick.)

Can you describe how this script works and where it runs?

> So it seems all the critical pieces are in place.  We're still waiting
> for comments from the mailing-list, of course.  In the mean time I'd
> like to double check with you that, assuming all is well, you can make
> a "final" conversion at any time.

Re loggerhead: when I start out at http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/,
and then click on "emacs-merges" to go to:

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/emacs-merges/

it takes a minute or so.  I'm not sure why the slowness.  I also see
what Glenn Morris saw: in Loggerhead, certain files are missing (e.g.,
autogen.sh, BUGS, COPYING).  I'm branching it now to see if they're also
missing there.  (I presume they are, though; Jason, Andreas, any idea
why they're missing?)

Meanwhile, I've updated http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs
with information about the repository/branch locations.

When we go live, we might want to rename "master" to "trunk", as that's
a bit more standard and more distinctive: most developers understand
what "trunk" means when they see it, and the word is not used for much
else, whereas "master" is used for many things.  I think this is as easy
as "mv master trunk" in the repository on Savannah.

-Karl