Boustrophedon

From: Andreas Wagner
Subject: Boustrophedon
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:53:05 -0400

Dear Emacs Devs,

I am interested in editing text in boustrophedon [writing like an ox turns in the field] as it is more comfortable/efficient to read.

In boustrophedon the first line is left to right, the characters and text on the next line are right to left. These alternate reducing eye movement.

There are some good points on boustrophedon typesetting here: http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/aleph/2004-March/000094.html

My question is, would it be good to have generic support for this?

- Andreas Wagner