Re: Can widgets be autoloaded?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Can widgets be autoloaded?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:51:45 +0200

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Or how do you handle them?
>>
>> Please see a comment in widget.el:
>>
>>  ;; This file only contains the code needed to define new widget types.
>>  ;; Everything else is autoloaded from `wid-edit.el'.
>>
>> So everything is already autoloaded.
>
> I see. But I meant for my "private" libraries in nXhtml. However there
> is a comment in the elisp manual how to handle things like this:
>
>     ;;;###autoload (autoload 'foo "myfile")
>     (mydefunmacro foo
>       ...)

But that did not work for something like

;;;###autoload (autoload 'command "ourcomments-widgets")
(define-widget 'command 'restricted-sexp

and I find nothing in wid-edit.el or widgets.el that explains how to
autoload something defined with define-widgets ...

Any suggestions?