Wild idea for call-interactively [was: # in my waste basket]

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Wild idea for call-interactively [was: # in my waste basket]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:50:33 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > But with call-interactively, it can't specify the file to delete.

D'oh.  WIBNI you could?  Ie, a list of arguments is passed to
call-interactively along with the function to call.  If an argument is
non-nil, it is used as is.  If it is nil, then call-interactively
consults the interactive spec to find out how to get that argument.

Or MIWNBN (maybe it would not be nice).

BTW, I guess if the interactive spec is a function, then
call-interactively calls the police instead, and you go to jail. :-)
Or maybe it calls the function as usual and ignores the passed
arguments.  Or ... well, this is way too speculative.  Make it an
error to pass args to a function with an function for interactive spec.