Re: New bug tracker server

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: New bug tracker server
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 21:22:06 -0500

Chong Yidong wrote:

> If there are no problems over the next day or so, I will resync to
> emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com, and we can begin the process of moving
> to this server (and cleaning up some of the spam).

More generally, how do you envisage this working from then on?

These questions don't all need answering right away:

Will it be possible for all Emacs developers to get direct access to
the database, eg so that we can share the load of weeding out spam in
future?

How should we go about editing the web-pages so that they make more
sense for Emacs (bug#750)? Ideally, it would work in a similar way to
the existing Emacs web-pages stored in the repository on Savannah.

Any ideas about moderating the input (bug#3140)?

How about changing the debbugs program itself (eg bug#3060)? Do you
think this is doable and/or wise?

I think there is a problem with the mail-news gateway that needs
addressing somehow (bug#936).