Re: New bug tracker server

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: New bug tracker server
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:20:34 -0500

I have finished setting up the new bug tracker, and it's almost ready to
use now.  Everyone who's interested, please give it a try.

The system is set up as follows.

1. All email sent to address@hidden, address@hidden, etc.,
   from the external world (i.e., from non-debbugs.gnu.org senders) is
   redirected by the mail server to a private mailing list,
   address@hidden

   (When we go live, we'll redirect address@hidden so that it
   behave exactly like sending to address@hidden, just like the
   way it goes to emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com at the moment.)

   accepted, the mail is sent to the debbugs scripts (this involves a
   hack to debbugs that I can discuss in greater detail if anyone is
   interested).

3. Once the debbugs scripts pick up the moderated email, it's entered
   into the database.

4. The email is forwarded to the address@hidden
   mailing list.  (When we go live, this will be switched to
   address@hidden)  This mailing list can be viewed here: