Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:22:59 -0600

>     Unless you explicitly request it, a bzr branch or checkout carries the
>     full history of the branch. So `bzr log' does not need contact with the
>     repository.
>
> Does that apply to "lightweight checkouts" which is what someone said
> we should use?  Or are you talking about "normal" checkouts, which reportedly
> are almost obsolete and going to be discontinued?

There are terminology changes going on, and I'm not fully up-to-date
with those.  But the *semantics* are not changing: the normal way to use
Bazaar is to fetch full historical data with each branch, so you have
everything locally, and this is also what we are recommending for Emacs
development.  Don't let the terminology kerfuffle fool you.

-Karl