Re: Beeping

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Beeping
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 00:15:04 +0100

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>>> That's a problem between windmove and debug-ignored-errors.
>>> BTW, I'd welcome a patch that introduces a new error `user-error' and
>>> then changes calls to `error' where the error message is in
>>> debug-ignored-errors to signal `user-error' instead.
>> You mean that debug-ignored-errors should just be '(user-error)?
>
> Pretty much, yes.

Ok.

>> Isn't there still a problem with condition-case then? Or perhaps it
>> could be tamed to pass on user-error?
>
> I don't know what problem you're thinking of.

That the intention is going to top-level and condition-case might stop
it. But I do not know what is best to do. user-error will really fit
best in command functions. It those are called by other functions the
semantics is a bit hard to define (or at least use).