Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 16:34:04 +0800

Karl Fogel wrote:
I don't think there's anything objectively wrong with someone
choosing the non-distributed workflow.  My concern is simply that
the Emacs project be able to clearly and unambiguously answer
the question "How do I hack on Emacs?"

While the distributed workflow might be a better approach for people starting with a clean slate, existing developers (and users who track CVS) do not necessarily have the time to invest in learning a new workflow immediately, and are looking for minimum disruption immediately after the switch from CVS to bzr. So there is definite value in an additional document describing a quick and painless transition from CVS, and probably a migration path to the distributed workflow for when the developer has time to adjust their habits.