Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:21:17 +0200

> From: Jason Earl <address@hidden>
> Cc: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:56:26 -0700
>
> The history is also needed if you want to do any sort of bzr command,
> like bzr log or bzr annotate.

As you well know, these go upstream in CVS as well.  So this is not
really a loss for people who want a familiar CVS-like setup.

> At some point we need to point people at the existing Bazaar
> documentation.

After reading through all of it, I think it's not organized well for a
single reading.  I needed to read both manuals several times before it
started making sense.  Showing one option (--lightweight) and one
command (commit --local) is hardly worth sending people to wade
through the canonical docs, just to find that it, too, says that a
lightweight checkout is almost like CVS.

Anyway, that's my last post on this issue.  I hope my opinions on this
are clear enough.  I don't think I will use the CVS-like setup, but I
see no reason not to help those who will.