contributing continuous builds:

From: Edward Wagner
Subject: contributing continuous builds:
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:16:10 -0500

Hello,

Do people contribute build status to emacs project? and if so how could I participate?

I've done a few searches for existence or work on continuous emacs builds.
searches:
  emacs builds
  emacs continuous builds
  emacs nightly builds
  emacs build results
  emacs automated builds

None of which pointed me to existing automated builds.

I have access to:
  Ubuntu 8.04 2.6.24 x86_64
  macbook1,1 OS 10.6.2
  macbookpro4,1 OS 10.6.2

I could contribute some cycles to build emacs on these machines to the community.  I currently have builds on these platforms pulling from git (git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git).
I've made a simple bash script to:
 make distclean
 git pull
 tar src   // I do this because the builds run on non persistent memory drive so if machine reboots I'll restore emacs dir instead of  pulling everything again from the server.
 ./configure
 make

As I was about to spend a few hours working this into a dashboard and one click setup for new machines. I though I would check with mailign list first, as it seems such tooling must exist already.

Any pointers or suggestions?

I would be happy to setup/share builds+results with community.  Perhaps savannah is providing something like this already?

The idea would be to have a central location for determining build status on different platforms.

Regards,

Ed
"The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today"
 -Elbert Hubbard