Re: C Mode: acceleration in brace deserts.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C Mode: acceleration in brace deserts.
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 01:50:31 -0500

    I'm not sure what you mean here.  c-parse-state deals essentially with
    the braces and any "lesser" parens in "brace-block" languages, and it's
    tightly optimised, as tight as I could make it.  It makes extensive use
    of brace/paren syntax (parse-partial-sexp and scan-lists) and plays dirty
    tricks with category text properties.

    Are you thinking of somehow parametrising it so that it could deal with
    "braces" which are, say, keyword tokens like Pascal's BEGIN and END?

I hadn't got that specific in thinking about it yet.  It just seems to me
that there are other languages where indentation is based on some
sort of tokens and they might have "deserts" too.