Fix for Cygwin/GSlice problem

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Fix for Cygwin/GSlice problem
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:24:38 -0500

The attached patch fixes a longstanding problem with the Gtk+ build of emacs in Cygwin. The problem is described in etc/PROBLEMS ("Emacs compiled with Gtk+ crashes on startup on Cygwin"), along with a workaround. The patch simply incorporates that workaround into the emacs code. I tried to do this so that the Cygwin-specific part is hidden in src/s/cygwin.h; it's conceivable that there are other systems where something similar would be useful.

The patch also removes the description of the problem from etc/PROBLEMS and removes a configuration warning.

Please apply the patch if it's OK, or tell me how to improve it.