Emacs 23.1.90 pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Emacs 23.1.90 pretest
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:54:18 -0500

Emacs pretest 23.1.90 is now available for download via FTP, at the
following location:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.1.90.tar.gz

The xdelta against Emacs 23.1 is here:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.1-23.1.90.xdelta

This is the first pretest for what will be the Emacs 23.2 release.

Pretesters: please send me an email reporting success or failure on your
build platform.  Report bugs via M-x report-emacs-bugs, or email
address@hidden  For questions, email address@hidden

Note that the default for `mail-user-agent' has been changed from Mail
mode to Message mode; if you have Mail mode-specific customizations,
please check them.

There are quite a number of changes relative to Emacs 23.1, including
several new packages, notably the CEDET package of development tools.
See etc/NEWS for details.

Emacs developers: please note that the tree is now frozen.  No new
features are allowed, unless agreed to by Stefan or myself.  Changes
that are bug fixes or improvements to documentations may still be
committed directly; when in doubt, send email to address@hidden  I
think we will probably begin Emacs 24 development soon-ish, once we make
the switch from CVS to BZR (we can discuss this further on emacs-devel).

Thanks.