Failure in loading charset map

From: A Soare
Subject: Failure in loading charset map
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 20:53:12 +0000 (UTC)

I have just installed at home the latest version of debian.

One problem that I met was the problem of termcap database.

Today I report an identical problem.

It is not convenient when I met an error whose nature I cannot detect. The
developers that apply patches/write code for emacs sould be obliged (in my
opinion) to write a good code in ./configure.ac corresponding to what they did.

I have met this problem, when trying to run ./configure --without-x

make[2]: Leaving directory `/emacs-t/lisp'
`/bin/pwd`/temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
make_initial_frame
Warning: arch-independent data dir (/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.50/etc/) does
not exist.
Error: charsets directory (/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.50/etc/charsets) does not
exist.
Emacs will not function correctly without the character map files.
Please check your installation!
Using load-path (/emacs-t/lisp /emacs-t/lisp/emacs-lisp /emacs-t/lisp/language
/emacs-t/lisp/international /emacs-t/lisp/textmodes)
Failure in loading charset map: 8859-2
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/emacs-t/src'

Can somebody help me to understand wha is wrong with my debian before installing
some code in ./configure.ac with corresponding error ?

Nowadays mongolians are very proud of their Gengis Khan. Russians are very proud
of Oktober 1917. They did inherit many habits from the mongols. In the same
manner, nowadays the liberty of free software is in danger. Windows gets ahead
of linux in many trivial views. The slavery world of informatics is very proud.

I did hear with my own ears from an expert in neural networks and anti-spam that
he never uses Linux, as "using Windows I arrive fastest at the result".

So, my question is "Why one applies patches before to introduce the
corresponding warnings in configure.ac" ?

Alin