Re: Display performance degradation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Display performance degradation
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:53:21 +0900

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I don't know if this particular problem can be worked around, probably
>>> there is a way with different caching and/or status flags, but it will
>>> be just another band-aid.  The real problem is harder to fix.
>>
>> Then please enable the feature of making Emacs react to the
>> change of dpi, etc only after the workaroubnd is found or
>> the real problem is fixed.
>
> Yes, this is the only sane approach.

For "unlikely changes," it would seem fine to have a sort of out-of-band
checker that checks only occasionally and invalidates relevant caches
(and forces redisplay) when a change is found...

-miles

--
Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without
knowledge, of things without parallel.