Re: cperl-mode uses the obsolete variable vc-header-alist

From: Joe Brenner
Subject: Re: cperl-mode uses the obsolete variable vc-header-alist
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:43:37 -0800

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Just that. In a checkout from 2009-12-04.
>
> IIRC it does it in a harmless way, and leaving the code in helps reduce
> the difference between our code and Ilya's,

It does generate warnings, though, and when you're looking for the
source of a problem figuring out that you don't need to worry about this
is a distraction.

As is typical with emacs warning messages, it gives you know very few
hints about what's causing the problem (no file name, no line number):

   Warning: `vc-header-alist' is an obsolete variable (as of Emacs 21.1); use
      `vc-BACKEND-header' instead.