Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 01:55:11 -0500

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>> In case you missed it: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.  Please see
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs for how to (re)obtain
>> your development sources from Bazaar.
>
> I followed that page and created "quickfixex" branch.  Then,
> I editted src/ChangeLog to add entries I forgot last time,
> saved the file, and typed C-x v v C-c C-c.  Then I noticed
> that "C-x v v C-c C-c" is enough to commit in CVS, but
> perhaps not in Bazaar.  The above wiki page doesn't describe
> what to do from Emacs to finish committing.  Should I do
> this manually?
>
> % bzr commit -m 'Add entries in ChangeLog'

You should do whatever the wiki page says; it is written from a
command-line perspective.  (I don't know what directory you intend the
above to run in, so I can't answer your question as asked.  The idea is
that you should merge your change from quickfixes to trunk, then commit
trunk -- since trunk is bound to upstream, the commit there will push
the changes to the upstream master.)

Anyone should go ahead and document the VC commands if they know them,
by the way.  For various reasons (having to do with spending much of my
time running development versions of version control systems), I got out
of the habit of using VC years ago, so I couldn't document VC on that
wiki page.

Best,
-Karl